[section titre=”What is Museomix?”]
Museomix is a lab for reinventing museums. It is an opportunity to mix innovative ideas and people, to think and collaborate.
To know more about our vision and mission, check here.
Museomix’s mission is to let people take ownership of the museum, encouraging visitors to see museums and their collections in another way and allowing participants with wide-ranging passions and professions to meet and collaborate.
Over 3 days, Museomix opens museums to professionals with a variety of skills. Museums become playgrounds to experiment and prototype new ways of mediating content and culture. It enables new relationships between cultural institutions and users in co-working projects. Its energy springs from the variety of its participants and contributors!
Join us for Museomix 2015!
Calling for participants! It’s time to send us your application (see below). Keep in mind that due to space and budget considerations, not everyone will be accepted.
Want to remix museums?
Museomix will take place over 2 week-ends : 6, 7, 8 and 13, 14, 15 of November 2015. From Friday morning to Sunday night you will collaborate in a mulitidisciplinary team to imagine and create your prototype, to encourage visitors to visit museums in a new light, and to enable people to make the museum more their own. The prototypes created during the week-end will be presented to the public for a few more days after the event (participation is optional, but it is always interesting to show your work to the public).
Get in there quick, you’ve got until the 30th of september to apply!
[section titre=”Decide where you want to remix a museum”]
Last year 7 museums in 4 countries were remixed. In 2015, 11 museums in 5 countries will be ready to welcome you:
- La Cité des Sciences et de l’Industrie in Paris
- La Manufacture in Roubaix
- Le Musée de Bretagne in Rennes
- Le Musée National du Sport of Nice
- Le Musée d’Art et d’Archéologie of Guéret
- Le Musée Royal of Mariemont (Belgium)
- Le Musée des Beaux-Arts of Gand (Belgium)
- Le Musée de la Communication of Berne (Switzerland)
- Le Musée National des Beaux-Arts of Québec (Canada)
- Le Musée d’Art Contemporain of Montréal (Canada)
- Le Musée du Palais des Beaux-Arts de Mexico (Mexico)
Choose your museum – and it does not have to be the closest one to you!
[section titre=”The 6 main profiles needed”]
The applications are open to all contributions that lead to the co-creation of a new experience in museums.
You can find all the details about the profiles here (with examples of jobs and skills for each profile). We established six main categories of profiles :
- Making – Do it yourself !
- Mediation, interaction and users – Make a successful experience !
- Contents – Make it true scientifically !
- Communication and media – Make it know !
- Programmation and development – Make it work !
- Design – Make it beautiful !
Just tell us what matches you and which kind of skills you can bring to a team.
Your main skill will be the expertise you’ll bring to your team during the event. For example, if you choose “content” that means you will be in prototype’s content for the 3 days.
One more thing before applying : notice that we are looking for a wide-range of skills than specific professionals . Choose what you like to do and what you are confident with. The main thing is to be passionate and to have the desire to co-work with fun and enthusiasm in a friendly atmosphere.
What’s going to happen now?
Local communities are in charge of selecting participants. Candidates are selected according to several criteria to create balanced teams, with multidisciplinary skillsets, to boost motivation
- You need to agree with the missions and principles of Museomix.
- You apply because you want to be an agent of change, and help to transform the museum experience.
- You want to fully involve yourself for three days, and share a moment of creativity, generosity, good humor and invention.
- You recognize that Museomix is a community which encourages action and is convinced that collaboration is the best way to find solutions.
- You know that perfection doesn’t exist : nights will be short, brainstormings tiring, and nerves may break down…
- You understand the value of open data and open licensing to stimulate the sharing process and reappropriation of the prototypes.
You can apply until july 9th. The selection process is based on people’s background and origin, their former experience in Museomix, their status (professional or student). Other criteria include:
- Your ability to contribute to the realisation of a prototype
- Your spirit and involvement with dynamic communities
- Your motivation
You may also apply as a “genius” or “facilitator”: they monitor and assist teams on specific aspects during the 3-day event. We need as many of them as museomixers involved in teams. If you feel interested, please contact the local community
Participants have to pay 50€ for France and Belgium / 65CHF for Switzerland/ CAN $100 for Quebec / 1100 pesos for Mexico. This participation allows Museomix to be an independent non profit organisation. Don’t forget you will be served breakfast, lunch and dinner during 3 days.
If you participate as part of your job, participation fees are higher, considered as mission fees.
[section titre=”Apply before september 30th!”]
>> Click here to apply. <<